The Perfect MMORPG

This forum is for discussions on Dungeons & Dragons, Everquest, Chess, and other games that ease the pain of being an aging geek.
Site Admin

The Perfect MMORPG

New postby Bud » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:49 am

OK, before anybody else says it... "there's no such thing as The Perfect MMORPG". That's just a catchy title I put on this thread.

However, if you were to make your own MMORPG, what would it be? What features would it have? What sort of game system? What type of graphics? What sort of game physics would you put in it? What genre would you use (Fantasy, SciFi, History,...)? What sort of player characters & NPCs?

I have a few ideas, but I'll withhold them for now. I'd like to hear my friends ideas first.

New postby Bill » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:26 pm

After watching the series and the show, a MMOG based on the Firefly theme would be interesting. 8)

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:57 pm

BillMoroney wrote:After watching the series and the show, a MMOG based on the Firefly theme would be interesting. 8)

That's an excellent idea.

However, I was thinking bigger. Imagine if you were to design the system (software, not HW) on which such a game would run. What would your system be like? What would you do that is similar to other games? What would you do differently?

New postby Bill » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:47 am

Hmmm...I might finance it and let you figure that shit out. :twisted:

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:39 pm

BillMoroney wrote:Hmmm...I might finance it and let you figure that shit out. :twisted:

:shock: Ah! We have venture capital for the project. :mrgreen:

Now we need a few more designers (too much work for 1 man, even if I worked on it full time). :wink:

What about the Holodeck Game System

New postby Icera » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:27 pm

All:

Well how about a game where you can make settings where you cannot get hurt but can zap and punch mobs like they were really there. Is it possible? Yes I think it is but not today or for the next 50 years. We now have the ability to create holo projections but they are ghost like currently. Now just image where you could really fly well kinda in a holodeck. :D

Well not in my life time unless I can play at 100 years old with my walker or rascal scooter. also changing stops with new depends must be there for us older folks. :D

Oh well hehe;

Lori
(grabs her walker and looks for her CoV box)

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:13 pm

BillMoroney wrote:After watching the series and the show, a MMOG based on the Firefly theme would be interesting. 8)

Well, you've gotten part of your wish. There's a Firefly/Serenity based RPG out there now.

Serenity RPG

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:22 pm

Bill wrote:After watching the series and the show, a MMOG based on the Firefly theme would be interesting. 8)

Ask and ye shall receive.

I received this news story in an MMORPG.com news letter:

On December 8th, a report surfaced on Wired News that MMO Engine makers Multiverse had struck a deal to create an MMORPG based on the Firefly universe. This cult-TV show had a short run on FOX a few years back and later inspired the film Serenity.

New postby Jeff » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:39 pm

And a Prophet shall lead them.
And, his name shall be Bill.

Bill?
bill??
Billy the Prophet!
And Buddy his Acolyte!

On a quest to change the compuverse!
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:46 pm

JeffHughes wrote:And Buddy his Acolyte!

Um... I believe I was the oracle as far as this little bit of precognition was concerned.

:P

New postby Jeff » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:33 pm

Bill spoke thru your oracle?
Where was his hand?
Nevermind, I don't want to know.
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

Return to Gaming