Teamspeak

This forum is for discussions on Dungeons & Dragons, Everquest, Chess, and other games that ease the pain of being an aging geek.

New postby Mark » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:46 pm

Bud I downloaded the teamchat client and got a cheap head set and mic. Let me know when you get a sever server set up.

Curtis

New postby Curtis » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:30 pm

Bud is being a lazy ass and taking a vacation here in Oregon. I think it is going to be next week before we get this going. FWIW I have my headset now as well.

Curt

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:21 pm

OK. Unfortunately, Curt's right. I'm here in Oregon w/him and I don't have my headset. However, I just set up a TS server and you two can try it out. Here's the server info:

Connection Address: 67.18.58.10:8808
The server name is: BudsTeamspeak

Your account names are your first names (first letter capitalized). Your passwords are your Meatgrinder's main toons' names (capitalization preserved, spaces removed).

Download the TS client from:
http://www.goteamspeak.com

You two can try it tonight if you like. We'll start "officially" next week.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:26 am

OK, so me and Lyle and Curt got Teamspeak working last night after everybody logged. After we got our microphones and speakers set to good volume levels it worked really well. I think everybody will be impressed with it and I think it'll really help our game. I highly recommend that anybody who doesn't have a headset already goes out and gets one. Then, download the TS client and test log into the server. Let me know if you want to try it ahead of time.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Bill » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:48 am

No Teamspeak for me, thanks. I have kids sleeping in the next room. Don't want to be talking at that time of night. Besides, I'm on the phone too close to all day long with my work to want to chat that way in play. Gaming serves such a nice break from that. I, for one, don't mind typing. Sorry to be a party pooper. This just holds little to no interest.

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:19 pm

:P Party Pooper! :P
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:17 pm

BillMoroney wrote:Don't want to be talking at that time of night.

OK, so don't get a microphone. However, you should still plug in the headphones and log onto the server so you can hear what we're doing. Otherwise, you might have a hard time keeping in sync with the party. You can type back to us if you don't want to wake the kids.

Up to you, of course.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Bill » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:41 pm

Bud wrote: Otherwise, you might have a hard time keeping in sync with the party.

That's cool.

But as I said, I'm on the phone all f'ing day. I don't care to wear a headset at night while gaming.

You guys go ahead, if you wish. I hope you don't mind that I'm going to pass on the idea. I enjoy the silence (aside from game effects and background music).

If it creates a problem, well... we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...
Last edited by Bill on Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

New postby Jeff » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:16 pm

Whoa!

And, now a short comercial from our local pyschic and well know dweeb...
Last edited by Jeff on Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:34 pm

:lol: :shock: :lol:

Hm... I sense a deleted flame response here.

* digs into database log *

Really?!

:P

I know what Billy's getting for his birthday...

:lol: :lol:

:devil:
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:26 pm

I will not be joining the group on Team Speak until after March 11.
My mom will be in town from the 3rd until then and although I'm still going to be playing on Sunday's I don't have time to put into working on an upgrade.

I will unfortunately be buying a restoration disk from Compaq and praying I re install the OS I deleted.
:oops:
Jeff

Site Admin

FYI

New postby Bud » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:13 pm

On March 4th 2005 at 12:01am CST our TS server provider will be performing an
emergency fiber re-groom to improve network performance. This will result in
intermittent latency fluctuations and minor packet loss for some clients
staggered over 1 hour.

The effect of this should not even be noticable to you. We are simply keeping
you informed and aware.

Reg
Co-Owner
TeamSpeakHost.com

Jeff
Co-Owner
TeamSpeakHost.com
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Bill » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:46 pm

It is with chagrin, utter dismay and some contempt that I admit that I have downloaded and installed TS onto my system. Now if everyone will keep my phone quiet all day and keep the wife and kids asleep, no one will get hurt!

:wink:

All set up, just need your TS address, Bud.

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:55 pm

BillMoroney wrote:It is with chagrin, utter dismay and some contempt that I admit that I have downloaded and installed TS onto my system. Now if everyone will keep my phone quiet all day and keep the wife and kids asleep, no one will get hurt!

:wink:

All set up, just need your TS address, Bud.

:roflmao:

will send it to both you and mark when I get home

New postby Jeff » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:49 pm

:shock:
Jeff

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming