Planetside

This forum is for discussions on Dungeons & Dragons, Everquest, Chess, and other games that ease the pain of being an aging geek.
Site Admin

Planetside

New postby Bud » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:14 am

So over the holidays I picked up several copies of Planetside (Fry's had them for < $5), gave them to some of you, and installed it on my PC. I've created a couple of characters on the Western USA server in the Vanu Sovereignty and have started racking up kills and levels (and deaths at an incredible rate). Although I've already joined an outfit with one of the characters, it'd be great if any of you who were interested would join me.

One interesting thing. My outfit requires the use of "team speak" (or something like that) for voice communication during playing. Once I get it set up, I'll let you know how it goes. If it works out, maybe we can try it on other games we play.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:30 pm

I'll take that deafening silence as a "no". :P
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Curtis

New postby Curtis » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:40 am

I am going to try to load up PS tonight. How is teamspeak?

Curt

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:35 pm

Curtis wrote:I am going to try to load up PS tonight.

Cool, give me a buzz when you get on, we'll start a squad.

Curtis wrote:How is teamspeak?

I've installed it, but I haven't tried playing with it yet. I just picked up a nice set of Altec Lansing headphones w/mic and haven't played PS with them yet. Also, the leader of my outfit just retired from the game, so I'm not sure what's gonna' happen.

(BTW: Outfit ~ Super Group/Guild, Squad ~ team/group.)
-Richard Dawkins

Return to Gaming