CoH: The Meat Grinders

This forum is for discussions on Dungeons & Dragons, Everquest, Chess, and other games that ease the pain of being an aging geek.

CoH: The Meat Grinders

New postby Mark » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:05 pm

Great game last night gang. The Frostfire mission is always fun, and very challaging for a full group, but if it was easy we would all be playing "The Care Bears" online. hahaha (Ok there is no Care Bears on line game, and i hope there never is)

Welcome to the new members of The Meat Grinders, hope you stay with us awhile and share the adventure.

I think we made quit an impression last night I saw many players come check up out while we where standing around in Atlas Park, Perez Park and the Hallows.

I would like to keep this topic active so everyone can post things related to the Super Group, like places to go, missions, badges, etc.... Anything the group would like to do on our Sunday night adventures.

Late :D
Mark (aka Die Hard)

New postby LyleAustin » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:59 pm

I would like to try the Positron Task Force out of Steel Canyon.

If we don't complete it in one night we can finish it the next week. As long as you don't quit out of the task force by taking on another mission and the mission hasn't been completed, you'll find your toon back in the Task Force the next time you log in.

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:10 pm

LyleAustin wrote:I would like to try the Positron Task Force out of Steel Canyon.

Excellent suggestion :!:

In fact, I made the same suggestion before we started last night. (I parked Neb infront of Positron before we started.) Mark made the point that we should probably wait until we have a few 14th lvl characters so we have people with movement powers to do the running around required by that TF. Probably a good idea.

Maybe we should plan on it, not next session, but the one after.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Mark » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:23 pm

That would be good.

Everyone needs to be 11th level because one of the missions takes the group into Boomtown, which requires the 11th level security Min. Now I may be wrong because the information about the TF only required a level 10 security. Eather way White and Silent would need to be leveled up a bit before we did it.

Also the min. number of group members for that trial is 3 and we most likely will not be able to finish it in one night because no one has any travel powers yet and there is alot of running around required, but that is fine.

There is also the Cave or Transcendence Trial in the Hallows. Level min is 12 but you need a full group of 8 inorder to do it.

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:40 pm

Mark wrote:There is also the Cave or Transcendence Trial in the Hallows.

Is that like the cape or 2nd costume trials? What do you get (if anything) when you finish that trial?
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:18 pm

These all sound like things for us to do.
Does anyone know how to PL in CoH?
This way our 2 new members don't have to be SK'd.
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:40 pm

JeffHughes wrote:Does anyone know how to PL in CoH?
This way our 2 new members don't have to be SK'd.

Oh, I'm confident they'll be at level by next session.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:38 pm

I'm getting on now to do the contact run around and have missions ready before we group. I may jump on street for a while or maybe my new blaster (Torsdag), but I plan to play Neb.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Mark » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:02 am

Hello Grinders,

Well last night was not a bad night. To bad we could not do the Task Force mission. Looks like we should wait untill we are level 15 before we take on that mission again.

What did you all think about Frost Line?

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:09 pm

Mark wrote:What did you all think about Frost Line?

Frost is cool.

:rofl:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Mark » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:50 pm

all right i asked for that. :D

New postby Jeff » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:33 pm

I've always liked Frostline.
And, I'll have to take your suggestion to get taunt.
Since, we don't play the send in the tanker, then everybody else join in style, most of the Mobs aggro on the defenders or blasters who pulled them or have AoE's going on.
And, Mean Street is an effective substitute for Die Hard.
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

New postby Mark » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:42 pm

Thanks Jeff,

I like Frost Line because of his ability to create total chaos in the villain’s ranks with artic air, and the defense ability that Steamy Mist provides. However both or those powers are centered on him so he needs to follow the attack group to get the most out of those powers. Also the slowing and confusion effects of Arctic Air prevent the mobs from concentrating attacks on team members.

At the moment the all attack strategy will still work because the team is generally still stronger then the enemy. However, that is going to change soon and the all attack strategy will not work very well. It would be nice for Lil Thunder to have the power provoke to help prevent the mobs form attacking the support group. I would also like to see how well that will work with Arctic Air, which has a slight fear ability built into it

Our group is a good well balance team although we are little weak on damage power with only have 3 damage characters; the others are defense and support. With some good team work we will be virtually undefeatable.

New postby LyleAustin » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:58 pm

What's the plan for tonight? We starting at 7:00 pm Pacific, 8:00 pm Mountain/Arizona?

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:47 pm

Welll, it's almost 7:00 PM AZ time. I'll be on soon as I can, but the wife is making a 2nd thanksgiving dinner, so I'll be a little later then normal (prob before 8:00 PM though).

Am I on Street or Neb tonight?
-Richard Dawkins

Next

Return to Gaming