Everquest 2

This forum is for discussions on Dungeons & Dragons, Everquest, Chess, and other games that ease the pain of being an aging geek.
Site Admin

Everquest 2

New postby Bud » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:31 pm

Well, I just saw EQ2 in the CompUSA. So, now I know why nobody's been on the board in a while. You're all off playing EQ2 and are too busy to talk to me. :lol:

So, how is it?
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Boo

New postby BOB » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:14 pm

You're all off playing EQ2 and are too busy to talk to me

Nope. No clue. 8)

I only hear rumors (some good some bad many lame) :wink:

Anyway, I thought you were all wrapped up in COH 8)

New postby Mark » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:23 pm

Don't complain to me I played CoH with you last night.

I am not going to get EQ2 untill i get a Computer upgrade. Which will be many, many months. To many medical bills to pay off.

Wombat boy

Destroyer of all thats evil

New postby Wombat boy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:29 pm

Speaking of COH

From http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/04/11/12/15 ... 09&tid=123

Walkiry (and many, many others) writes "In yet another copyright bickering lawsuit,
Marvel is suing NCSoft and Cryptic Studios over their MMORPG City of Heroes due to
copyright infringement, apparently because of the costume creator. "...quite a few
people suspicious that this is nothing but an effort by Marvel to undermine Cryptic
Studios' successful game to prepare for the launch of their own comic book based
MMORPG."

Hmm, didn't know Marvel had anything in the works. Maybe I've got my head too deep
in the sand :lol:

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:07 pm

Mark wrote:Don't complain to me I played CoH with you last night.

Yep, you did. I was just observing that nobody had posted to the board but me in several days.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

Re: Destroyer of all thats evil

New postby Bud » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:09 pm

Wombat boy wrote:Marvel is suing NCSoft and Cryptic Studios over their MMORPG City of Heroes due to copyright infringement, apparently because of the costume creator. "...

There's a frivolous lawsuit. That costs Marvel a little of my respect. That costume creator is of of the best things about CoH. There's nothing in there that Marvel can sue over. You can't create any of the marvel characters with it. You can create similar looking characters, but nothing that should violate copyright.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Curt » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:33 pm

I find EQ2 to be very fun and already have my four characters started and ranging from 5th to 9th level.

Already bought my first pad (small but homey) and have my eye on a nice place in S Qeynos that would fit nicely.

Kaflor is on the Mistmoore server if anyone plans to jump on. He is 9th level and will be 10th once the Priest quest is done.

Michelle is Playing Aum on the same server and she is 6th level. We need to load her up with quests and get her leveled up.

Curt

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:45 am

So, I have yet to hear a real report on how good/bad EQ2 is. What kind of journalists are you people?
-Richard Dawkins

Curtis

New postby Curtis » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:30 pm

So.....the key seems to be memory on this game. My 1.8 is doing slightly better than the 3.0 and the only thing that the 1.8 has more of is RAM.

We are going to 2GB on each system to fix that one.

Curt

New postby Curt » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:08 pm

I will post a couple of observations.

1. The new quest system can be very fun. It is great that you can get some XP with out swinging a sword. I do wish some of them apid better though.

2. If you prefer, you can do away with most of the quests and go hunt monsters to gain the levels, but you may miss out on some good pieces of equipment.

3. It is cool to be able to rent a pad and set up in it to sell stuff.

4. Interface has a lot of similarities to CoH. I can Target my tank and hit his target with spells, then heal her without switching targets.

5. Great graphics if you have alot of memory and video card, not so good if you are limited.

6. You can track the power (mana) of ALL group members at all times which I find very nice. It lets me know when I need to get ready to bail.

Curt

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:12 am

Good info Curt, TY.
-Richard Dawkins

Curtis

New postby Curtis » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:54 am

Bill,

Are you ever going to play EQ2 again? Mentoring went live.

Curt

New postby Bill » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:23 pm

Curtis wrote:Are you ever going to play EQ2 again?

For now, no. Soon? Perhaps. After 4yrs of EverCrack, a few projects have piled up around the house and in life that I'm putting as a priority. I'll probably test Worlds of Warcraft for a month sometime down the line. CoH is enough for me, for now.

Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear. But my heart just isn't into it, right now. I'd really love to play alongside you and Michelle again (as well as Lyle and everyone else). This old soul just needs a hiatus from Norrath, if you will.

Curtis wrote:Mentoring went live.

How does it work? Like CoH? Does it bring the younger character's level up close to the mentor's so he can also hit higher level mobs? If you're not near your mentor, does it wane (like in CoH)?

Curtis

New postby Curtis » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:28 pm

Actually that is the way I am leaning on CoH. To many things taking up my time and some things have to go. I will be on Sunday, but after that, who knows.

Curt

Curtis

New postby Curtis » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:30 pm

Oh, and mentoring brings us down to your level.

It is good in that it allows us to complete quests and get xp that would normally not give us anything.

Curt

Next

Return to Gaming