Everquest 2

This forum is for discussions on Dungeons & Dragons, Everquest, Chess, and other games that ease the pain of being an aging geek.

Other aspects of EQ2

New postby Michelle » Wed May 18, 2005 12:37 pm

Kaflor and Aumeniel are now level 41 and are senior members in our guild. Only 9 to go before September when they raise the max level to 60 (so I hear).

GOOD aspects:
You can sell from your apartment without even being online. You have 2 extra "storage" spaces in your room to put bags/boxes with "for sell" stuff.

You can set something down in your apartment and it will be there when you return. :lol: No one else can move it. You can also have pets in your apartment. Very nice for someone with allergies...would you like a pet dragon...very cool!

You can mail money or items from one toon to another (except for good to evil or evil to good). The recipent does not have to be online to receive the item. When they log on, an icon will show on their screen letting them know that they have mail. Recipent can check mailbox at their convenience.

Join a guild and complete heritage quests to level your guild. As the guild levels, you enjoy certain "perks" for being a member...cheaper rent, prices of horses reduced, etc. These heritage quests also give you status points that you can use to lower your rent or purchase special items.

You can purchase (or make if you're tradeskill is high enough) boxes and bags with up to 24 slots in them.

You can gather, mine, forest in all zones. Special valuable items will pop up occasionally.

There are collection quests that give you mucho experience without ever killing a mob.

It is difficult to power level another toon. However, higher level toons can now group and mentor lower level toons and the higher level toon will get experience at the same time.

Your power and health regeneration is extremely sensitive to the level of food/drink that you have on you. If you have a food that is not a high enough level for you, your power/health regeneration will be extremely slow.

NOT SO GOOD:
Almost all armor and weapons have to be attuned, which means no more hand me downs if the item is used. However, certain quests will reward with armor, bags, money, and experience to make up for it.

Some of the mob camps for higher rated quests are WAY long.

If a high status point guild mate leaves your guild, your guild will/can loose level(s).
Michelle

New postby Jeff » Wed May 18, 2005 9:12 pm

Michelle,

That was a very wonderful presentation for EQ2. And, far more meaningful then the hype you see in ads.

Until I get a better system I won't be able to play, but I think it's great that you and Curt are enjoying it so much.
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

New postby Bill » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:07 am

Hmm...Been awfully quiet on the board this past week.

Mark, didn't see you in Paragon last night. Were you Norrath 2'ing (EQ2) it? If so, how do you like it?

New postby Curt » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:53 am

Go away you damn deserter! We have our hooks into him and will slowly integrate him into the collective. :P

Curt

New postby Mark » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:57 pm

Hey gang,

Ya Curt and Michelle are trying to convert me to the EQ2 life style. Surprisingly my system will run it, with the graphics dumbed down a lot, however. I zone as fast and a turtle on Redilen walking through a tar pit, but hey at least I can get a nap in here and there. Just for fun I turned the graphics to there max setting to see what the game would look like on a totally bitch'n machine, WoW...very beautiful. Totally unplayable but very beautiful, rendering water at that level is amazing.

Game play is pretty good although it took a bit to get use to it. Trade skills are fun because of the detail that has gone into then, but they are a major time sink.

Don't worry I have no plans to leave Paragon City, but I might take a few days off here and there to explore Norrath again.

New postby Bill » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:31 pm

Mark wrote:I might take a few days off here and there to explore Norrath again.

I plan to return to Norrath someday too, after I hang up my capes and cowls. As long as Grinders are going, I'll probably stay in the game whether I return to EQ2 or not.

New postby Mark » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:05 pm

Agreed, As long as the Grinders are active I will always find time to fight crime, and as long as my friends are playing CoH i am not going to stop.

New postby Jeff » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:22 pm

as long as my friends are playing CoH i am not going to stop.

YEAH!!

Now let's get out of here before Michelle Bitch slaps me into next week.
Teedge? Can I get a TP?
Jeff

New postby Bill » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:06 am

JeffHughes wrote:before Michelle Bitch-slaps me into next week.
Teedge? Can I get a TP?

Hell no! I wanna see that!!! :twisted:

Curtis

New postby Curtis » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:28 am

I will make sure she dresses like Sister Flux for the beating.

Curt

New postby Mark » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:44 am

In that case I want pictures!... :twisted:

New postby Jeff » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:04 pm

Okaym I'll take the beating.

:twisted:
Jeff

New postby Bill » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:39 pm

Prepare yourself, Jeff...

Curtis

New postby Curtis » Mon May 01, 2006 10:05 am

Aumeniel and Kaflor are now 70th!

Come join us guys.

Cutr

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon May 01, 2006 10:45 am

Curtis wrote:Aumeniel and Kaflor are now 70th!

Holy crap! :huh:

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming