Car Shopping

This forum is for discussions about cars, racing and anything you can pilot yourself.
Site Admin

Re: Car Shopping

New postby Bud » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:37 am

Curt wrote:Have you considered the A3 Bud? Downside is that it is wagon only, but you can get in TDI if you don't mind FWD only.

I have considered the A3 TDI. Should we decide to get rid of the Imp (right now we're leaning toward fixing it up), we'll have to drive the A3 TDI.

Curt wrote:I know it isn't up your alley, but they just announced a power upgrade for the SRT8 Challenger.

Actually, I like the new Dodges. Unfortunately, I don't need a second performance car (not until I get a bigger garage). :)
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Have you had a chance to decide?
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:00 am

Yes and no. We drove two Audi A3's (a TDI and a gas model) and an A4 the other day. Jerri loved them. She wants AWD and a bigger car than the A3, so I think there's an A4 Quattro in our future. Unfortunately, the one we want is about $45k. So we're going to fix up the Subaru enough to drive it for about another year while we save money. Then, we will (probably) get a loaded A4 Quattro.

Of course, anything can happen in a year, but we did decide not to by the Legacy GT we drove the day before and we did decide to use our Subaru bucks to fix up the Impreza instead of as a down on a new Subaru. In fact, the Impreza is in the shop as I type this.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:37 pm

In the shop?
Alone on New Year's Eve, how sad.
:(

But, sounds like a very well considered choice.
Jeff

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Actually they had it finished and home in time for the party. :)
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:49 pm

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:roflmao:
Jeff

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm

-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Saw it Sunday on CBS Sunday Morning, they did a segment also, but not as gearhead focused.

My question is this:
Did you fix the F***ing Air Conditioner!!
Jeff

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:50 am

The AC in mine works now. It only took about 7 years. The compressor was crap and it finally gave out. When they replaced it it was fine.

Of course, I also just spent a grand replacing the radiator on mine. It was splitting.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Almost an hour long C7 video (Part 2 of the same vid, I think.)
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:03 pm

-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:43 pm

It's pretty as girl.
You're an adict.
Jeff

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Yeah, yeah... I'm a conflicted addict. The good looking ones are always high maintenance. I swore I wasn't going to get another GM. It's unfortunate, really, because they have some good vehicles. I mean, the new Caddi ATS is a great car. And, this new 'Vette is everything I look for in a mistress. But, then... my older mistress is still a knockout and I'm not ready to give up on the 'ole girl yet. I might just have to buy her a few new baubles to perk her up a bit.

I'm actually quite encouraged. My 'Vette has just shy of 99k mi on her and (minus the fairly regular and expensive repairs) is still (or maybe finally) running well. I had the engine de-carboned about 10k mi ago she's got new plugs (which last 100k mi). I have this little fantasy that they've finally squeezed the lemon out of her and maybe I'll get another 100k before it's time to let her go. But, the reason I'm really encouraged is that, when that time comes, this should be the model that is there to take her place. Hopefully, by then, they've worked out all the kinks in this one. ;)
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Bill » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Our friend Mr Sandoval is the proud new owner of this sweet Lexus IS-F!

:finger:

And here is the one I want for my birthday...

'08 twin turbo IS-F with only 28k miles

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Bill wrote:Our friend Mr Sandoval is the proud new owner of this sweet Lexus IS-F!

Yeah, he called me to talk about it. Nice ride. Tell him I like the red.

Bill wrote:And here is the one I want for my birthday...

'08 twin turbo IS-F with only 28k miles

You'd better have a rich uncle, 'cause you ain't getting it from any of your friends.
:P
-Richard Dawkins

PreviousNext

Return to Cars, Racing, & other forms of auto-motion