Customizing

This forum is for discussions about cars, racing and anything you can pilot yourself.
Site Admin

Customizing

New postby Bud » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:49 pm

I bought the 'Vette so that I wouldn't have to customize it to get the performance I wanted. So, this thread will be relatively short. However there are two or three things that I might do the 'Vette and I may start playing with the Subaru again once we buy the wife a new car.

One thing I'd really like to do is get a little more sound out of the 'Vette's exhaust. The Corvette is one of the absolute best sounding cars in the world (if not THE best sounding car in the world) and the stock exhaust, though quite good, is a little soft for my taste.

So, I've been thinking about putting an aftermarket cat-back exhaust on it. I'd really love to hear that low-pitched rumble at idle and during acceleration. I also love the cackle and snarl you get out of an open exhaust when you lift off the throttle. However, it must not drone on the freeway because I love to take road trips in the car.

So far, my two leading contendors for exhaust manufacturers are Corsa and Billy Boat (yes, that Billy Boat). I've read very good things about Corsa and a fellow Corvette autocrosser just recommended Billy Boat. Both of them make two levels of exhaust and their web sites have some really good sound clips of them. Take a listen (witih the best sound system you can) and let me know which one you like best.

Corsa C6 Exhausts
Billy Boat C6 Performance Exhausts
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Re: Customizing

New postby Bill » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:09 pm

Love both the Sport and Touring in all 5 cycles! The Touring sounds more throaty.

Billy Boat? :huh: Screwy!
Their sampling doesn't give us 70mph cruising. Other than that, it's a tough choice.

My vote is for the Corsa Touring. :thumbsup: :drive:

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:16 pm

Both of the Billy Boats sound freekin' awesome, but I bet they're too loud for daily driving.

I need to hear them all in person.

For those who don't know, Billy Boat is a famous Indy car racer.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Curt » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:41 pm

I am going Corsa for the Magnum, so I am kinda partial to that one....Sport sounds mean, but touring sounds a little more.....upscale. You should go with Sport Bud....more fitting.

http://www.corsaperf.com/srt8.htm

Curt

New postby Curt » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:51 pm

Dangit Bud....you dork! I made the mistake of listening to the BB exhaust for my car. Grrrr......

http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/magnum/

Curt

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:22 pm

Curt wrote:Dangit Bud....you dork! I made the mistake of listening to the BB exhaust for my car. Grrrr......

Sounds good, doesn't it. :wink:
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:21 pm

:roflmao:

I love the video of the doofus driving around in the magnum with a dB meter in one hand and a laptop or something in the other. He must be steering with his dick!

:roflmao:
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:23 pm

BTW: Did you listen to the Corvette exhausts?

:devil: :drive: :devil: :drive: :devil:
:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Curt » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:56 pm

Yeppers! I think I like the touring version the best of all, but I suspect the cackle in the sport model is more to your liking.

Decided I am still going Corsa on mine based on a lot of issues the Jeep SRT guys saw with welds cracking on their BB exhausts and the fact that I just LOVE the sound of the Corsa.

Curt

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:59 pm

Curt wrote:Yeppers! I think I like the touring version the best of all, but I suspect the cackle in the sport model is more to your liking.

BB doesn't make a "Sport" or a "Touring" exhaust, by name anyway. I'm sure the BB "Bullet" is intended to be their sport exhaust and their "Route 66" is intended to be their touring version.

I mention the exact names because I can't imagine that you've listened to the BB exhausts and you still like the Corsa's. I think it's probably the recording quality that makes the difference, but the BB's sound is in an entirely different world then the Corsa sound, for the Corvette.

Curt wrote:I just LOVE the sound of the Corsa.

Which is how I feel about the BB. However, I HAVE to hear both of them in real life (not a recording) before I make my decision.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Robert » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:15 pm

here a video about the Smart Roadster
Steep price though for the tuned version. My former boss has the non tuned version, and he told me it is like driving a go-cart @ 60 mph, oh wait it is a go-cart :twisted:

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:56 pm

Cool, but it's still slower then my 'Vette.

:drive:
-Richard Dawkins

Return to Cars, Racing, & other forms of auto-motion