American Le Mans Series

This forum is for discussions about cars, racing and anything you can pilot yourself.
Site Admin

New postby Bud » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:58 pm

Aston is definately Corvette's arch rival. They beat the 'Vettes at Le Mans last year, but Corvette has been handing them their heads in ALMS (and at Le Mans) for years. Those were factory cars, however. These are going to be privateers, albiet highly experienced privateers.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:07 am

From F1 thread:
Bill wrote:
Bud wrote:The ALMS season opening 12-hours of Sebring is this weekend.

I wouldn't mind catching some of this race with ya. 8)

Well, I have 11 hours of it on TiVo and the next 4 days off. When you want to come over for a beer and some racing?
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:36 am

The 24 hours of Le Mans is RIGHT NOW!
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:25 am

-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:32 pm

I love styling of the new Audi R15

-Richard Dawkins

New postby Bill » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:31 pm

:thumbsup: Very cool look!

New postby Jeff » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:55 pm

I think everyone should be
able to drive one.
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:25 pm

* Raises hand * Ooo! Ooo! Me First!
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 pm

The Long Beach Gran Prix is in 2 weeks. Curt and I are going. Anybody else up for the drive (sorry, the 'Vette seats are full). Maybe we can con Guido into flying out. :)
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Bad timing for me, but otherwise would love to see one.
I promised Audrey one more, maybe last time this year,
trip to Disneyland that weekend.
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

New postby Bill » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Soooo, Bud? Curt?

How was the Long Beach race?

I watched bits of it. Didn't catch who won. How did the Vettes do?

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:47 pm

Long Beach was awesome! (Sunday was R-E-A-L-L-Y hot.)

The 'Vettes were once again only running against themselves, so naturally one won and one lost. :)

Which race did you watch? I didn't see any broadcast listing of the ALMS race or the Indy race. I was hoping to TiVo it.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:02 pm

The races in Monterey were awesome!

The last 5 laps were a knock-down-drag-out battle between a Corvette and a Porsche for the GT win.

On the last corner of the last lap, the 'Vette tapped the Porsche and passed him only to have the Porsche put him nose first into the wall and take the win. The 'Vette slid fully sideways across the finish line, parts flying everywhere, to take 2nd place. :shock: Awesome stuff!

Also, I won a Corvette "Vitesse" lap. (OK, Jerri won it, but she gave it to me.) So, I got to ride along for a hot-lap (driven by an IMSA professional driver, not me unfortunately). Here's a couple shots of the car taking someone else (there were 5 winners).

And... I think I found my next Corvette. They've taken exactly my model, put the newer engine in it, and added a few little goodies, which include the Z06 body panels, and called it the new "Grand Sport".

Good times. :mrgreen:
-Richard Dawkins

Previous

Return to Cars, Racing, & other forms of auto-motion