It's Race Season!

This forum is for discussions about cars, racing and anything you can pilot yourself.
Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon May 29, 2006 2:25 pm

JeffHughes wrote:Hope Schumacher shows them up.

Not starting from DFL, he didn't have a chance.

Besides, I (along with most of the rest of the world) believed he cheated. Looked pretty obvious. I guess that's a hazard of getting so good. Nobody believes you can make a boneheaded mistake any more.

:lol:

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon May 29, 2006 9:12 pm

:lol: Moroney, your'e a dick! :P

Big crash,... Alonso doesn't win,... what a crock! I knew nobody could touch Alonso soon as Schumacher was penalized.

Speaking of Mikey, did you notice he had a legendary drive? (The anouncers didn't, sorry about the coverage. Shaheen is a moron. Hopefully, you'll get to see one on Speed TV soon. They know what they're talking about.) Micheal came from DFL, starting from the pits (not last row as the announcers said over and over) to drive all the way through the field (making up about 1/2 of the positions on a 1-stop pit strategy) to finnish 5th!!! Well into the points. Truly awesome.

After Raikkonen's Mercedes engine let go, Alonso had a nice sunday drive. Well done by the bullfighter.

And... did anybody else notice Coulthard wore a red cape on the podium? ??? :crazy: And... Barrichello finished 4th in a Honda?! Nice job Rubens!

Good race! :thumbsup:

New postby Bill » Mon May 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Bud wrote::lol: Moroney, your'e a dick! :P

Probably true, but you misunderstood what I said. I didn't say anything about a "big crash", I said someone blew their motor. Then I told you it wasn't Alonso. Go back and read the thread, dumbass! :roll:

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Tue May 30, 2006 6:47 am

BillMoroney wrote: I said someone blew their motor. Then I told you it wasn't Alonso. Go back and read the thread, dumbass!

:blink: Oh...

I kept waiting for the pass and for the big crash. When it got down to 1 lap and Alonso couldn't be touched, I thought "Moroney was yankin' me."

LMAO, what a dumbass!

:roflmao:

New postby Bill » Tue May 30, 2006 11:27 am

Bud wrote: I thought "Moroney was yankin' me."

All the more reason for me to keep up on the racing circuit with you! :)

Curtis

New postby Curtis » Tue May 30, 2006 3:26 pm

Keep that yankin private boys!

Can't wait for you to get up here Bud. I talked to the boss and I have Thursday through Monday off for the funera......er.....my birthday.

I will try to see if i can find out what turn has the best vantage point.

Curt

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Tue May 30, 2006 6:45 pm

:drive:

New postby Jeff » Tue May 30, 2006 10:24 pm

Bud wrote:
JeffHughes wrote:
Hope Schumacher shows them up.

Not starting from DFL, he didn't have a chance.

Bud Wrote:
to finnish 5th!!! Well into the points. Truly awesome.

8)
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

New postby Bill » Tue May 30, 2006 10:46 pm

Curtis wrote:Keep that yankin private boys!

HA! Says the friend who logs on just to check out the "Yankin'" thread. :twisted:

Happy Birthday, Curt!!! :cheers:

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Wed May 31, 2006 10:49 pm

OK, I finally got a chance to watch the Indy 500. Awesome finish! Can you believe a 19yr old rookie (OK, the grandson of Mario Andretti, but still...) came within milliseconds of winning?

If you listen to their respective marketing, the Indy 500 is the "greatest specticle in racing" and the Monaco Gran Prix is the "most glamorous race in the world". Having seen both of them I've got to say, both were excellent races - about as good as it gets in open-wheel racing (although the announcing is MUCH better on Speed TV).

So, my question to you (and I'm speaking primarily to Bill, but also to anybody else who saw both races) is, "what did you think?" Which did you like better? Did you get a good feel for the differences between American and International open-wheel competition? Did it spark any interest in either series or perhaps make you think of looking at a different style of racing?

New postby Bill » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:47 am

Bud wrote: Mario Andretti... within milliseconds of winning?

Did I also see a Marco Andretti in the race?

Bud wrote:"greatest specticle in racing" ... "most glamorous race in the world".

I enjoyed both styles of racing. The GP was like ballet on ephedra, whereas Indy got my race cells dividing with the s p e e d !

Bud wrote:"what did you think?"

...said the spider to the fly...

I liked it, wish I'd had more time to sit through both. Jeff may have to suffer through a race night in lieu of B5.

Bud wrote:Which did you like better?

Definitely the euro. Enjoyed both almost equally, but the actual driving was the more interesting challenge to watch.

Bud wrote:Did it spark any interest in either series or perhaps make you think of looking at a different style of racing?

Nahhhh.

:wink:
Here's to the Doppler Effect! :cheers:

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:14 pm

BillMoroney wrote:Did I also see a Marco Andretti in the race?

:lol: Yes, meet the Andrettis

Mario Legendary multi-champion (F1, champ car, Indy 500, Daytona 500...). Father of Micheal, grandfather of Marco. He was there on the pit wall.

Micheal 2-time IRL champion, CEO of Andretti Green Racing, came out of retirement for this race only to be beat by his son, Marco.

Marco Likely IRL rooky of the year, son of Micheal. Came in 2nd, only loosing to an IRL veteran by a nose.

Pretty amazing bunch.

BillMoroney wrote:I enjoyed both styles of racing. The GP was like ballet on ephedra, whereas Indy got my race cells dividing with the s p e e d !
Bud wrote:Which did you like better?

Definitely the euro.

I like F1 much better, myself. I just don't get the alure of circle-track racing. When you're flat-out for 500 miles, it's pretty much a matter of who happens to be in the lead when the race ends. I thought Dan Wheldon deserved the win, since he dominated the first 2/3 of the race. Of course, that doesn't matter. What's important is when the yellow flags come out relative to your pit window and how much tire and fuel you have left for the home stretch. (Did you notice Danica got screwed twice by pitting under green when a yellow came out immediatly afterwards?) Might as well roll dice.

F1, on the other hand is equal parts driver skill, automotive engineering, and race management. The best driver with the best car and the best team will dominate. This year, it's a particular treat because we've got Legendary Schumacher/Ferrari facing up-and-coming world champion Alonso/Renault. Every race this season has been a mano a mano between those two, with the rest struggling to figure out why they're so fast. Makes for great racing.

BillMoroney wrote:
Bud wrote:Did it spark any interest in either series or perhaps make you think of looking at a different style of racing?

Nahhhh.

Then I guess you wouldn't be interested in being a 2nd driver this fall if I decided to do another season of autocross. :wink:

BillMoroney wrote:Here's to the Doppler Effect!

Eeeeeeeee.... ROOOWwww.....

:drive:

New postby Bill » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:59 pm

Bud wrote:Did you notice Danica got screwed twice

No, damn! :twisted:

Bud wrote:Then I guess you wouldn't be interested in being a 2nd driver this fall if I decided to do another season of autocross. :wink:

If we get to screw Danica, I wanna be first driver! I hate being 2nd, too much fish-tailing.

Sorry, but you left that garage door wide fooking open.

We'll have to run through some of the highlights on TiVo soon. 8)

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:46 pm

BillMoroney wrote:We'll have to run through some of the highlights on TiVo soon.

:cry: Too late. Watched and gone already.

Sorry, didn't realize you were really that interested. I mostly just delete races once I've watched them.

New postby Bill » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:04 am

No problem. My interest was piqued. There will be future races. Just spare me the NASCAR, pls. :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Cars, Racing, & other forms of auto-motion