Religion and Politics, continued...

This forum is for general discussion on topics that do not fall into one of the more specific forums.
Site Admin

Re: Religion and Politics, continued...

New postby Bud » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Jeff wrote:Here's my starting point on the first term.
Paying your % of income, tariffs, fees and fines to "establish Justice, insure Domestic Tranquility,
provide for the common defense, promote the General Welfare, and secure the
Blessing of Liberty for ourselves Posterity..."

These funds should be spent with careful consideration in full disclosure for the general public
to be able to audit to achieve these lofty goals.

This already happens. Those who don't pay are forced to or jailed. And, there's very, very careful consideration and disclosure of public funds. The trouble all starts with how we spend that money and who makes the decisions.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:56 pm

So, We the people are failing to have the right people make these choices for us?

How can this be?
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Jeff wrote:So, We the people are failing to have the right people make these choices for us?

How can this be?

We're stupid.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Curt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Really late on this one, but would anyone care to guess who has a higher DOLLAR amount on that raise? Hmmmm? Anyone?

Just sayin

curt

New postby Curt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 pm

This is an interesting chart. Clinton was definatly the best at keeping debt groth under control, but the current asshat is among the worst. His percentage went down each year, but at a 12%+ average, he sucks, and this is BEFORE the most expensive portions of his disasterous healthcare reform kicks in.

wow, Reagan sucked too. would like to see a list that goes further back. Heh...NEVER thought I would say this...but can Clinton come back? All he did was screw all the office girls.

http://www.skymachines.com/US-National-Debt-Per-Capita-Percent-of-GDP-and-by-Presidental-Term.htm

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:24 am

Electing any of the republican potentials will be a sign of the apocalypse.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Curt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Anything is better than re-electing Obama, I shudder to think what he will do in the second term. Hell, he is worried about re-election and is giving free passes to Illegal immigrants of all ages, not just the dreamers.

New postby Jeff » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Curt,
Just a reminder, not one of our Presidents
have been able to solve the immigration
problem. And, since we are a melting
pot, my white immigrate brother, I don't
see an acceptable solution anytime soon.

As to what President Obama has done, wrong or right,
I think he is a better choice then Wilard.

I know you are far wiser than to fall for
the Koch Brothers agenda that they so
sneakily infiltrated into the Tea Party.

I've been doing a little research into
the economic road we are on and I
believe our country will have to go
even further into debt and default on
certain foreign debts to come out of it.
But, which countries do we alienate?
:?: :wink: :?:
Last edited by Jeff on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

New postby Bill » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Curt wrote:the current asshat

Really, Curt? :roll:

Oh well. That's how I felt about "W".

I'd rather spend money healing our sick than sending Americans to their deaths abroad.

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Yeah, my dad and stepmother (a nurse) hate Obama-care also. I've listened to some of their complaints and I'm sure there are a few legitimate cutbacks in care for people who've, until now, had things covered. However, most of what they complain about is just resistance to change and dislike of computerization and modernization.

What's your beef with it?

And, as far as immigrants go... How would you feel if you were born on the other side of the boarder?
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Curt » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:16 am

three beefs with the new care system.
1) It isn't social healthcare, it is forcing people to buy insurance which just puts money in the pocket of the insurance companies. If my taxes end up paying for that, my money goes to the insurance company, not the government. so...not social healthcare...it is big business pure and simple.
2) I get penalized because I have a kick ass healthcare program. If the value place on my current benifits exceed $10k, I am taxed in addition to what I already pay. Why should I get hit with MORE taxes because I work for a company that takes care of me?
3) Since the Supreme court ruled that the healthcare law is a TAX, it is illegal. All taxes must be approved through a legeslative process, and this whole thing was a exectutive decision with no legislative approval.

As far as the immigration, I have NO issue with LEGAL immigration, but why the fuck are we giving free passes to those who broke the law and came here ILLEGALLY? Yes yes, the dreamers were kids when they were brought over, but when they are issuing the get out of jail free cards, they required NO proof (not even a freakin diploma) that you attended High School in the U.S. This means that many Illegal immigrants, some with violent criminal records, can also get that free pass just because they SAY they are a dreamer.

Sorry Jeff, have to totally disagree with you. Obama has crossed the line. He has enacted illegal heathcare on an executive decision, instructed the INS to not arrest ANY illegal except for those wanted for violent crime, and given a free pass to over a million illegal immigrants. Yes, we have it good here and people want to come here, but they need to do it LEGALLY!!!!! If you come here illegally you are a criminal and should be deported post haste. Period. As an added incentive, I feel that if you are arrested for illegal immigration twice, you should forfeit your ability to become a legal immigrant ever.

Ok, done ranting. I know we are never going to agree on Obama, but so be it. The only thing he has not done to confirm himself as the anti-christ was go after guns, but there are clear signs he will be doing that in his second term since he will not be worried about re-election. There is also his stance with China. He has done some small things to make it look like he is trying, but he is avoiding the tough stuff. Look up Falun Gong harvesting if you want to see one he is totally avoiding.

Ok, rant REALLY done this time. Sorry for the rant, but I feel pretty strongly about this one. I think it is because I was SO excited when he was elected, but then he shoved his dork up my a$$ without telling me he loved me.

Love you guys even though you are supporting a closet communist. :wink:

Curt

New postby Curt » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Why am I so against Illegal immigration? here is just one small reason.

It affect ALL of us.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/22/illegal-immigrants-could-reap-more-than-7b-in-tax-credits-this-year-senator/?intcmp=obnetwork

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Did you ACTUALLY post a Fox news link on my site?

Curt. You are lost to us.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Bill » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:07 am

But, Bud. Fox News is "fair and balanced". They say so. So they must be.

:puke:

New postby Curt » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:29 pm

Is that particular story not true?

Fox happens to be the on that I linked it from, but was on a couple of other sites as well. Yes, Fox does have some lulu stories, but it is one of the few that will still print negative coverage of your golden boy.

Did some more reading on Obamacare this week. for elderly patients, there will be an ROI done for any healthcare received. If the bean counters dont think your chance of living is good enough, the care will be refused. I have not been able to find that percentage anywhere yet (if it exists) but there we have another example of how great our 'social' healthcare is going to be. yay.

Who else is going to go see Obama 2016? Cody asked to go see it this weekend and I just can't wait. Woot!

Curt

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion