Rants!

This forum is for general discussion on topics that do not fall into one of the more specific forums.
Site Admin

Rants!

New postby Bud » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:19 pm

OK. I've been threatening to start this thread for weeks now, so I think it's time.

This is a place to post a rant about anything in particular that has you hot under the collar. (I'll be posting here a lot, I expect.) :wink:

WARNING! My more easily offended readers may not want to visit this thread. I expect there will be more then a little harsh language.

:lol:
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Re: Rants!

New postby Bill » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:37 pm

Bud wrote: more then a little harsh language.

Oh, poo! :P

So, this is the brand, new, shiny :x :evil: :furious: :bang: :axe: thread, now; is it? :twisted:

No particular topic, just BITCH HERE!

:thumbsup:

How appropriate to begin it on "Good Friday".

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:03 pm

I knew the tires would be a problem on the Corvette when I was deciding on which car to buy. The damn thing has 245/40-18's on the front and 285/35-19's on the rear... and they're Eagle F1 EMTs (run flats). This translates to "bring your own anal lube to the tire store 'cause they're gonna' bend you over the counter and take a tire iron to you.

But,... I bought the 'Vette anyway because I wanted the performance. Stupid me.

So, on the drive home from Bill's the other night, I heard this "click" "click" "click" in time with the tire rotation from the left rear. When I got home I found a large (about 1" diamater) screw head sticking out of one of the tread blocks. Lovely. When I pulled on it with pliers it hissed, so I knew it was through.

But, I figgured "hey! No problem, these are run flats. I'll drop it at Discount Tire for a patch in the morning after my staff meeting and pick it up after lunch." Well... the jackass at discount saw the red Corvette and was jerkin' me with the first words out of his mouth.

"Oh, I don't know if we can fix that," he says.

Jackass!

I told him if he couldn't, I'd find someone who could. He said, "trust me if I can't fix it neither can anybody else."

Jackass!

So, about an hour later somebody else from Discount calls me and says, "we pulled it part way out and it's really big. There's too much damage we can't fix it." Meaning he wants me to buy a $500 tire from him instead of a $15 patch job.

Jackass!

I told him to pull it out and park it. I'd take care of it.

When I went back to pick up the car he hands me a 4 1/2 inch screw. :shock: It's the same screw, I recognize the damage to the screw head. OK, so it's long, but it still only poked a 1/8" hole in the fucking tire. They said, "it's at too low an angle and there's too much tread damage. We have very strict guidelines on what we can fix." Meaning, if there's a remote chance we can fuck you out of a new tire, we will.

Jackass!

So I drove it home flat. And, I drove it to Big O tires the next morning - flat. (Yes, you really can drive on them flat, it just wiggles all over the damn place.) Then, I stood in the Big O lobby for several minutes listening to some Right-wing ass plug pontificating on how President Bush should be considered a hero and how he doesn't understand why the Iraqi people don't straighten out their own country. I don't bother to suggest to him that maybe they don't want us over there, maybe their idea of "straight" isn't the same as his, and maybe Bush should be in an International prison for illegally invading another country.

Jackass!

So, I was primed and ready when the mental midget behind the counter told me that they were afraid of Corvette tires because they tried removing one once and broke the pressure sensor. He suggested I go down the street to Discount Tire where they had newer equipment to remove the tire.

Jackass!

You know, not only can you drive on run flats, you can do burnouts with them too. :wink:

So... I drove it home (flat).

I went to both of those places because they were conveniently located neary my work (but a long way from home). What I should have done from the start, was take it to the Tire Pro's two fucking miles from my house. Which, is what I did today.

I told the guy at Tire Pro's that I needed to have a Corvette tire patched and he said the most amazing thing.

"We can do that!"

So, some how his guys in the back who didn't speak much English (and couldn't figure out the push button ignition - which IS a little tricky the first time you see it) managed to patch the tire just fine. While I was there, I ran into one of our local racers (a guy I've autocrossed with for years, but didn't really know very well). Tire Pro's actually sponser him.

Guess where I'm going next time I need help with tires.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

Re: Rants!

New postby Bud » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:08 pm

Bill wrote:How appropriate to begin it on "Good Friday".

"Good Friday" Yet another damned Christian holiday.

I've always been offended that the market is closed on "Good Friday". Well, now I'm at a company that takes it off as well (yes, I'm off work today). Unfortunately, I didn't realize it until 5:30 on not-so-good Thursday when I said, "see you tomorrow" to one of my co-workers.

I think I'm going in for 1/2 day anyway. I've got too much shit to do.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Bill » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:19 pm

Discount Tire :x
Big O Tire :roll:
Tire Pros :wink:

What's in a name?

New postby Jeff » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:05 pm

So, the second guy; has out of
date technology, supports George
Bush and wants to send his
business elsewhere.

Hmm, sounds like corporate America.
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

New postby Curt » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:24 pm

LMAO!!

I miss you Bud. I guess that is my rant for today.

Curt

New postby Bill » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:34 pm

Curt wrote:I miss you Bud.

:moon:
...but be gentle, Bud.
:twisted:

New postby Curt » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:35 pm

He actually likes it a bit rough. Reminds him of Intel R&R.

Curt

New postby Bill » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:54 am

It's good to be home!

I get f*&$ing robbed having to burn a 2-week vacation at my in-laws!! Annoys the hell out of me. Okay, so they're nice people. But I don't want to LIVE WITH THEM for a vacation!!! Aside from a few rounds of golf (with my cantankerous father-in-law) and a couple beach days with the kids, it was boring. They're retirees, so my expectations were very low (and met). But I'm still gonna bitch about having to burn a vacation on in-laws.

The idea was to also be in town while Tracy's sister and family were there so we could camp with them. It downpoured nearly the entire time. Fortunately for them, they have a travel trailer. Unfortunately for us, we had a tent.

Okay, I'm done whining now. Thanks for having this thread, Bud!

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:45 am

Bill wrote:I get f*&$ing robbed having to burn a 2-week vacation at my in-laws!!

*Shudder*
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:43 pm

Bill wrote:
But I'm still gonna bitch about having to burn a vacation on in-laws.

Bitch on Brother, we're here for you.
Jeff

New postby MarkS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:40 pm

Here's to drinks that are stiff and conversations that are not

New postby Jeff » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:49 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
:thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Jeff

New postby Bill » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:34 pm

Got a kick out of that rant. Lucky for me, I can't relate to it. Mine's more like I can't get it often enough. :P

Next

Return to General Discussion