Site Updates

I will use this forun to post various general announcements.
Site Admin

New postby Bud » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:17 pm

I just updated the board software (phpBB) from version 2.0.21 to 2.0.22. Please let me know if you notice any problems.

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:24 am

I need to make some updates to the site. My hosting company has been on me to update my databases from MySQL 4.0 to MySQL 5.0. When I do this, I might as well update to the latest version of phpBB and see if I can fix the new-user registration (which as been broken for years). So, don't be alarmed if the behavior of the board, or the photo gallery suddenly changes. I'll try to back up everything before any updates, but I might need to start fresh (since the database is corrupted already).

-Bud

* phpBB is the software I use to create the discussoin board. Both it and Coppermine (the software I use to create the discussion board) use MySQL databases to store their information (user info, text of posts, and info about photos and such).
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

Re: Site Updates

New postby Bud » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:35 am

OK, I have updated the discussion board's database to MySQL 5xx and updated the board software to phpBB3. You'll notice that the style of the forum has changed. I'll fix this soon. In the meantime, poke around and see how it works. As always, if you have any trouble, send an E-mail to discussion @ budcaldwell . com (without the spaces).
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:36 am

Well, the style (look and feel of the board) that I was using is no longer valid. It's high time my website had a makover anway, so I'll be messing around with how it looks for a while. Don't be alarmed.

:devil:
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:20 pm

I think this is a much better look to the board. This style is called "Artodia Black".
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:40 pm

BTW: I've updated the photo gallery also. I'll do a little clean up and provide a back link in the title bar later. But, let me know how you like the look.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:26 am

You might not have noticed, but this updated site also includes a mobile version. So, if you have never visited my site from your smart phone, give it a try and let me know what you think.
-Richard Dawkins

Previous

Return to Announcements