Welcome: Conditions and Terms of Use

I will use this forun to post various general announcements.
Site Admin

Welcome: Conditions and Terms of Use

New postby Bud » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:23 pm

Welcome to my discussion board.

I created this discussion board for the use of my family, friends, and associates in the hope that we might better keep in touch and that my friends might become your friends. However, in the interest of keeping the peace and warding off the lawyers, I have to ask that everybody follow these conditions and terms of use.

1. This is my board. It is a dictatorship, not a democracy. What I say goes. <--- Notice the period.

2. This board is public. Please keep your posts PG-13 or less (no explicit sexual content or nudity, no excessive foul language, no explicit violence, etc). (I will decide what qualifies, see rule 1.)

3. This board is not designed for children and is not for the use of anybody under the age of 13. For information on the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) please see: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.htm

4. I support the equality of all races, religions, genders, and sexual orientations. Discrimination or attacks against anyone based on any of these attributes will not be tolerated.

5. I support the freedom of speach and opinion. I expect those who post here to be able to speak their minds as long as they do not violate the other rules. Please attempt to be thick-skinned and tolerant if you feel you have been insulted.

Note: If you think rule 5 allows violations rule 4 (or vice versa), think about it harder.

6. There will be ABSOLUTELY no advertising on this board with out my prior permission. I pay for this web site out of my pocket and I WILL NOT TOLERATE SPAMMERS. If you spam my board, your member name will be deleted and your IP address will be banned. No second chances.

Use of this board (posting or reading) implies acceptance of the terms contained in this thread. I will amend them from time to time, please check back when you see new additions.

{edit: fixed a little grammer and clarified some language.}
Last edited by Bud on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:20 pm

7. Statements made on this board are the sole responsibility of the individual making them and do not represent the opinions of my employer, its board of directors, or shareholders.

(Heck, many of the opinions given on this board are stated in sarcasm or in the heat of the moment and do not represent the true opinion of the person posting them. Any time you're not sure, ask.)

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:55 am

8. When you sign up on this board, please post an introduction. (I have a whole forum just for that sort of thing.) I delete sometimes a dozen spammer accounts a week. If I don't recognize your name and you sign up with a website link, I may mistake you for a "spam bot" and delete your account without warning.

Return to Announcements