Upcoming Changes

I will use this forun to post various general announcements.
Site Admin

Upcoming Changes

New postby Bud » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:27 pm

I will be making a few minor changes to the BudCaldwell.com web site soon and I just wanted to give every body a little warning.

1. I will be moving the links page from its current location to a locked page in this bulletin board. This will allow me to more easily maintain the links and add new ones. The http://links.budcaldwell.com/ domain will be forwarded to the new links page.

2. I will soon update the board to the newest version of phpBB. This may result in some down time and possibly the loss of some data. I will perform a backup first and attempt to minimize any problems.

3. Some day, I will actually finish posting my sabbatical pictures. (The best ones are yet to come). :)
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:26 pm

OK, so soon being a relative term.

Site Admin

Board Update!

New postby Bud » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:27 pm

I will be updating the software that brings us this discussion board (phpbb), probably over the long Independance Day weekend. I'm doing this so that I can get the more secure sign-up that is harder to automate. I'm currently getting 3-5 new spam accounts every day and I've had enough.

This won't effect most of you, since all accounts and posts will be preserved. Only new users will be required to go through the new sign-up procedure. However, what will effect some of you (Curt, & all the different versions of Bob's cats), will be when I require you to be logged in to post. This is necessary because, without it, there's little point securing the sign up and I've had to delete many HUGE posts with tons of spam links from guests. Sorry guys, please just log in once on every computer you use and check the damn "log me in automatically every time I visit" button. It's really easy.

If anybody has any heartburn with this, please speak soon.

Site Admin

Update Complete!

New postby Bud » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:25 pm

Well, the update went pretty smoothly and everything seems to be working fine. If you find any problems, please post (if the board is working) or send me an E-mail.

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:08 pm

BIG Changes Coming Soon!

I'm going to be totally re-vamping the web site soon! I'll be simplifying the overall site (the static "blue" pages) and moving all my photos into a new photo album. The only thing that will remain the same (for now) is the discussion board.

To make it worth your while to browse around, I'm going to FINALLY! post the rest of the sabbatical pics (the good ones from Rome, Pompeii, and Malta).

So keep an eye out for the changes and please let me know if you see any typo's, errors, or broken links.

-Bud

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:37 pm

OK, I can't stand it any more. I'm going live!

I'm going to enable my new web site, even though it isn't quite done yet. All the static (blue-background) pages will change slighty and my new photo album will be available. I will continue to add new pages and new photos regularly, so check them often.

I'll start a "Site Updates" thread to let everybody know when I've made changes.

Let me know if you find any errors, typos or broken links.

-Bud

Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Changes

New postby Bud » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:32 pm

I am considering moving my entire site to Amazon Web Services. That should make my site much more reliable, robust and powerful. I may update a few things when I do and I may prune the discussion board. So, you may see a few changes on the site soon. The biggest concern you as a user may have is that, if you've been using direct links to my site (rather than linking to "www.budcaldwell.com" or "discussion.budcaldwell.com" or "photos.budcaldwell.com") is that your old direct links won't work. So, if you can't find my site from your old bookmarks, just type in "www.budcaldwell.com" and you'll get here.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Changes

New postby Bud » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:20 am

OK. I decided to not move my site to Amazon web services. But, I did do a little upgrading. I'm going to move to a Wordpress based content management system. So you will see a major change coming soon. For a sneak preview, go to newsite.budcaldwell.com. Check back from time to time as I will be working on it for a while. When I'm done, I will move the budcaldwell.com domain to the new site. I'll try to remember to give a little warning here first.
-Richard Dawkins

Return to Announcements