Equipment

This forum is for discussions of music.

New postby Jeff » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:14 pm

I agree with Bill.
But, let's hear from the....Bud himself.

:D
Jeff
It's a great day to be with my wife,
my friends and alive on my planet!

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:11 pm

:roflmao: That was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. :P

I figured you were just being a smart-ass so I ran with it. If you really want to know, I'll tell you.

The problem is that it is a guitar amplifier, not a PA system. A keyboard needs a PA system that has a flat frequency response and provides clean amplification. The purpose of a guitar amp is not just to make the guitar louder. The amp is part of the instrument, every bit as important as the guitar itself. The most important thing a guitar amp does is distort the signal coming from the guitar. Even the "clean" channel "colors" the sound coming from the guitar. Additionally, the amp (and the speaker cabinet) does not have a flat, full-range frequency response. It is heavy on the mid and low range freauencies and cannot reproduce high frequencies. So, the things that make a good guitar amp are the things that make a "normal" amplifier crappy.

A keyboard just needs to be louder. It requires amplification with a flat frequency response and no distortion. So, playing a keyboard trhough the guitar amp would make the keyboard sound like crap. You might get creative and do something interesting. However, most synth keyboards already have "distortion" effects built in, so you still normally amp them through just a clean PA.
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:48 pm

Thank you.
Jeff

Site Admin

Re: Equipment

New postby Bud » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:22 am

Here's what I need:
Axe FX II

Sound Clips
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:40 pm

-Richard Dawkins

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:31 am

-Richard Dawkins

New postby Jeff » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:18 am

Very interesting.

Lots of range, but I must admit that I cannot
tell which is good and bad, just what I liked.
Jeff

Previous

Return to Music