Musical Clips

This forum is for discussions of music.
Site Admin

Musical Clips

New postby Bud » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:36 pm

Check this out. Here's a couple of video clips of me playing a little something I made up. I recorded it so that I could remember what I was playing (I'm more than a little challenged at writing it down.)

http://budcald.server272.com/bcroot/cpg/albums/video/Camera%20015.mp4
http://budcald.server272.com/bcroot/cpg/albums/video/Camera%20017.mp4
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

New postby Bill » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:08 am

:rockin: :thumbsup:

Nice work there, Bud. Showing finesse!

You could write that, couldn't you? You know each chord and how it's written. It's just a matter of writing the timing.

Bud Caldwell, composer / songwriter.

Has a nice wring to it. :twisted:

Notice I didn't include "singer". Leave that to Jerri. :wink:

I'm saving a copy of those for posterity.

Site Admin

New postby Bud » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm

Bill wrote:Nice work there, Bud. Showing finesse!

Ha! There are several mistakes in there. I can't even play it right when I'm just makin' shit up. :wink:

Bill wrote:You could write that, couldn't you? You know each chord and how it's written. It's just a matter of writing the timing.

Yes. I actually have tab for part of that. It's just a lot faster to record it. However, the timing is a bit confusing to me. For example, how do you know the difference between an 1/8th note rythm at 80 bpm and a 1/4 note rythm at 160 bpm? Mostly I just do what seems right, but I really don't have an understanding of the "rules" yet.

Bill wrote:Notice I didn't include "singer".

Nobody wants that. ;)

Bill wrote:I'm saving a copy of those for posterity.

:shock: Damn :!: I didn't think of that. :oops:
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity.
-Richard Dawkins

Return to Music